Wild Pink - Wild Pink Pre-Order TE163
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM**
- This is a Pre-Order and is expected to ship around the release date of 2/24/17.
- Digital downloads will be available at midnight of the release date or before.
- All physical purchases come with free digital downloads.
- If you combine Pre-Orders with other items, your entire order will be held until the Pre-Order item is ready to ship.
- Make two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- Vinyl pictures are just "mocks" and may not look exactly the same.
Wild Pink released their debut EP, Good Life, in the Summer of 2015. It was a brief but memorable introduction to the band's brand of introspective indie pop/rock. After numerous tours in support of Good Life the band hunkered down with Justin Pizzoferrato (Dinosaur Jr., Speedy Ortiz, Kindling, Sweet John Bloom) to record new songs. What grew from those sessions was actually two new releases. First, 4 Songs, a supplemental EP out this past October. But, more importantly, the band's Self-Titled debut LP, slated for release in February 2017 on Tiny Engines.
Wild Pink are one of those wonderfully rare bands that sounds instantly familiar upon first listen. Yet trying to draw parallels to their influences or similar bands proves to be incredibly difficult. That remains the same as Wild Pink continue to chart their own unique course as the band grows more expansive in their sound and ambitious in their songwriting. These new songs move at their own intentional pace while the band fleshes their arrangements out further. Yet the songs never suffer, only growing more dynamic and more propulsive with this increased nuance. Wild Pink doesn't lose the warm intimacy that made the band special, it's only enhanced to a greater degree here. These are deeply personal songs about freedom, or lack thereof, about growing up and leaving your youth behind yet still clinging to those sacred scars that we hold dear. Often exercising a stream of conscious lyrical style, Wild Pink has a remarkable way of transporting you to those moments in time where the smallest detail remains etched into your being. There is a sincerity that echoes throughout these songs that is intoxicating and speaks to what makes the band so special. Wild Pink choose the road less traveled and it has served them well.
Wild Pink Track Listing
1. How Do You Know If God Takes You Back?
2. Great Apes
3. Broke On
4. Playing Through A Dip Related Injury
5. Battle Of Bedford Falls
6. Wizard Of Loneliness
7. Albert Ross
8. Nothing To Show
9. Wanting Things Makes You Shittier
10. I Used To Be Small
11. They Hate Our Freedom
200 Americana (mailorder exclusive)
300 Opaque Lavender