floral print - mirror stages Pre-Order TE174
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM**
- This is a Pre-Order and is expected to ship around the release date of 10/20/17.
- Digital downloads will be available at midnight of the release date or before.
- All physical purchases come with free digital downloads.
- If you combine Pre-Orders with other items, your entire order will be held until the Pre-Order item is ready to ship.
- Make two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- Vinyl pictures are just "mocks" and may not look exactly the same.
After first meeting on a whim over Facebook, what started out as a chance occurrence between drummer Paul DeMerritt and singer/guitarist Nathan Springer (Narrator) sprouted into a continually exciting and unpredictable collaboration. The pair first started practicing and performing around Atlanta, GA in late 2014, and quickly started honing their penchant for dizzying song structures and erratic rhythms grounded in pop sensibilities. Their debut EP ‘woo’, recorded with bassist George Pettis (100 Watt Horse) and producer Graham Tavel, showcased floral print’s vibrant pastiche of psych-pop, early emo, ambient, and deconstructionist rock.
Following ‘woo’, the duo (rounded out by a rotating cast of bassists) embarked on numerous tours throughout the East coast and Midwest, making friends and tightening up their sonic communication skills. In summer 2016, floral print linked up again with Tavel to start recording their debut full-length, entitled ‘mirror stages’, at Broad Street Visitor’s Center in Downtown Atlanta. The tracks on ‘mirror stages’ display a marked change in tone from ‘woo’, as glimmers of noise, distorted melancholy, and manic energy imbued their sound with more nuance and stylistic aberrations. floral print’s ability to defy genre convention sidesteps any feelings of forced technical showmanship as their mercurial sense of melody and rhythm is always couched in sincerity.
Following the recording of ‘mirror stages’, floral print rounded out its lineup with the addition of bassist Joshua Pittman as the band charts a new course for future tours and releases.
- sweepstakes life
- egg rites
- choke me
- mirror stages
- yesterday's grammar
- morning with ophelia
- broad street visitor's center
First Pressing (Vinyl):
200 Custom Pink & White Marbled Split (mailorder exclusive)
300 Translucent Candy Grape Purple
First Pressing (Cassettes):
50 Light Pink (cassette store day exclusive)
75 Purple Solid