Strange Relations - Editorial You Pre-Order TE170
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM**
- This is a Pre-Order and is expected to ship around the release date of 9/8/17.
- Digital downloads will be available at midnight of the release date or before.
- All physical purchases come with free digital downloads.
- If you combine Pre-Orders with other items, your entire order will be held until the Pre-Order item is ready to ship.
- Make two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- Vinyl pictures are just "mocks" and may not look exactly the same.
Minneapolis diary rock band Strange Relations, featuring Casey Sowa (drums/vocals) and her girlfriend Maro Helgeson (bass/synth), don't fit the typical mold of a pop group. Building tracks around a propulsive rhythm section, Strange Relations feed off their long term relationship to capture an energy and intimacy that cannot be forced or faked, weaving through each track like a burst of fresh air through the haze. Vulnerable yet strong, glossy to grainy, bold or subdued, Strange Relations demonstrate what can blossom when you refuse to follow the rules. The two-piece delve into the ups and downs of living as women in a world where one's body is a central force in shaping one's experience. All throughout the record women's bodies and sexualities are centered, as the focus shifts from external to internal and back again. Editorial You thrives by refusing to turn away from the darkness, instead addressing it head-on, offering up a sense of sisterhood and defiance as weapons to fight through and pull light back into the darkest spaces. Honest and powerful, Editorial You is an album made just for the real you.
- Say You
- Flight Instinct
- Ignore Me
- Long Haul
First Pressing (Vinyl):
200 Custom Clear w/ Smoky White Swirls (mailorder exclusive)
300 Opaque Teal
First Pressing (Cassettes):
50 Clear w/ Red Foil Liner (cassette store day exclusive)
75 Green Tint
100 Clear w/ Clear Liner