floral print - floral print TE192
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM**
ALL PRE-ORDERS WILL INCLUDE A CASSETTE COPY OF FLORAL PRINT'S 'MIRROR STAGES' WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
- Pre-order expected to ship around the release date of 8/2/19.
- All physical purchases come with free digital downloads.
- Digital downloads will be available BEFORE the release date.
- If you combine Pre-orders with other items, your entire order will be held until the Pre-order item is ready to ship.
- Make two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
floral print’s self-titled EP is a statement of transition - a celebration of liminality between the past and uncertain futures. On mirror stages, the band recorded under the high ceilings of Broad Streets Visitors Center, a renovated recording space nested in the new locus for gentrification in Atlanta’s downtown. Both intentionally and subconsciously, the anxiety of pining for place, identity, and love amidst breakneck change permeated the sound of mirror stages.
In contrast, floral print embraces ambivalence. Each song searches for a connection between the delirious joy and neurotic confusion of new beginnings, both material and spiritual. The EP marks the addition of bassist Joshua Pittman, whose melodic sensibility anchors the band’s explorative songwriting in familiarity and warmth. Longtime collaborator Graham Tavel also returns to record and engineer the release, and his zeal for experimentation continues to be essential in shaping the band’s sound.
Somewhere between woo’s wide-eyed psychedelia and mirror stages’ explosive angst, floral print charts a new direction for the band - always restless, always anxious to translate new feelings into sound and spectacle.
- six pillows
- i go down on the breeze
- alice arm
- breeze (reprise)
First Pressing (Cassettes):
50 Light Blue (Band Exclusive)
150 Random Mix of Colors (Mailorder)